REGISTERED PROVIDER: DR ANDREW DAVID BUFFEY, CHURCH WALK SURGERY, DRURY STREET, METHERINGHAM, LINCOLN LN4 3EZ
Under the Health and Social Care Act 2008 (The Care Quality Commission (Registration) Regulations 2009 Part 4), the registered body (Church Walk Surgery) is required to provide to the Care Quality Commission a Statement of Purpose.
The Vision of the Establishment
Our philosophy is to provide personalised, high quality general practice care to individuals and families and Carers.
Church Walk Surgery endeavours to deliver superlative medical care at all times and in a flexible and innovative way to meet patient choice and to reflect political and economic demands. We intend to be part of our local community and a centre of excellence in the provision of primary health care including a wide range of in house medical services.
To provide a rewarding, open and honest work environment within a supportive team and a healthy work/life balance for all those who work at Church Walk Surgery.
Aims & Objectives
- To provide high quality primary care treatment to our patient population, including consultations, examinations and treatment of medical conditions
- To focus on disease prevention and the promotion of healthy living
- To understand and meet the needs of our patients, involve them in decision making about their treatment and care and encourage them to take responsibility for their own lifestyle choices
- To involve other healthcare professionals in the care of our patients where it is in their best interests to do so i.e. referrals to specialist consultants
- To ensure that all members of staff have the right skills to carry out their duties competently and that all training is up to date and relevant
- To create an educational environment where staff promote and share learning within the team
- Treatment of disease, disorder or injury
- Diagnosis and screening procedures
- Family planning
- Minor Surgical procedures
- Maternity and midwifery services
- Medication reviews
- Repeat prescription service
- Management of Diabetes, Asthma, COPD, Hypertension
- Wound management and suture removal
- Immunisations, e.g. childhood immunisations
- Travel advice and vaccination
- Weight management
- Smoking cessation
- Ear syringing
- NHS health checks
- Home visits
- Palliative care
Non NHS Services
- Private medical insurance reports and medicals
- Sports, pre-employment and HGV medicals
- Private appointments and blood tests
- Fitness to work certificates
- Non NHS vaccinations e.g. Hepatitis B
- Copies of medical records
The Primary Health Care Team:
GP Partner: Dr Andrew Buffey
General Practitioner: Dr Nicholas Harrison
Nurse Practitioner: Julia Mannion
Senior Practice Nurse: Victoria Arch
Practice Nurse: Lace Darke
Phlebotomist: Deborah Richardson
The practice is currently accommodated in purpose built premises in the beautiful village of Metheringham with onsite parking for patients.
GP and nurse appointments are available to book in advance as well as GP on the day appointments. Home visits are available to patients who are unable to visit the practice. A 48 hour repeat prescription service is available for patients. If the practice is unable to meet an individual patient need, referral to an appropriate health professional or service will be made.
Community Health Services are also available to patients following referral, and can be provided in the patient’s home or from a community location (service dependent).